We’re happy to announce that Windows Server 2012 (the server version of Windows 8) is now available for VPS and Hybrid Servers at £10 a month!
Microsoft’s latest server offering is focused around improved scalability and performance to meet all your hosting needs. New features include (but aren’t limited to):
- Better data security and compliance.
- Improved website and management efficiency.
- Enhanced support for open frameworks, development languages and open source applications. Web standards, PHP, and node.js are supported, and .NET Framework 4.5 offers improvements including support for asynchronous file operations, web, and networking enhancements.
- A new version of Windows Task Manager (the old version is still accessible too).
- Version 8.0 of Internet Information Services (IIS), which includes CPU usage caps for specific sites, centralised management of SSL certificates, and WebSocket support.
- Easier creation and management of centralised desktops and remote access solutions.
- Continuous availability with protection against a vast range of failure scenarios.
- Frameworks, services, and tools to increase the scalability and elasticity of modern applications.
- Great end-user experience and easy access from almost any device.
Buying or upgrading your VPS/Hybrid Server to Windows Server 2012
You can now buy a VPS or Hybrid Server running Windows Server 2012 out of the box; simply head to our VPS or Hybrid customisation pages to get started.
If you have an existing server you’d like to switch to Windows Server 2012, please back up all your data before switching in your control panel as it will require a full rebuild and everything will be wiped.
Create your own VPS or Hybrid
As with all the virtual private servers we offer, you can customise features such as the number of cores and amount of hard drive space and RAM to suit your needs and create your own bespoke hosting solution. It’s easy to do – just use our custom slider functionality, place your order, and your server will be set up. We recommend having at least 2GB of RAM on the Windows Server 2012 operating system to ensure that it runs effectively.
Reselling Windows Server 2012
If you’re a Heart Internet Reseller, you automatically benefit from a 25% discount when you order your VPS or Hybrid Server.
Get started with a Virtual Server or a Hybrid Server!